Monday, February 1, 2010

Manatees :)

So I am soooo excited!!! I'm not sure yet from exactly what. It's either swimming with manatees or the international peer mentor program I'm in. Or it may be the English Honor Society, Sigma Kappa Delta that I recently joined. Or maybe the Mesa Club. I don't really know, but I am absolutely filled past the top with excitement.
I have a really funny story about the peer mentor program. We found out our mentees today, and come to find out, I already knew mine! It just so happens that miserable night of bowling, I met him through my friends that I went bowling with before. It took us a little while to figure that out, but then we had stuff to talk about. And I'd mentioned at the meeting to Carie that he was going to make fun of the way I talk, just because I have a really strong Southern acccent, and sound like a little girl to some peope. Well, the point of this is to say that was one of the first things he did. After the introduction and all,before we realized we already knew each other. I told him I was used to it because everyone does.
So yeah, I'm pretty excited, if you can't tell. And I'm tired, so I think I'm going to call it a night.

3 comments:

  1. Aren't manatees like.... enormous? Is that safe swimming with them? I think maybe you shouldn't swim with them. Or wear a helmet. And carry a stungun, but that probably doesn't work underwater. Ah hell just be nice to the manatees, maybe you can get a baby one. (and p.s. there is a typo in your bio =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for letting me know! i do that all the time. manatees are actually really nice. even if you bother them. but if you do that, then you can apparently go to jail. They are HUGE!! It was really intimidating, how big they were.

    ReplyDelete